A DDoS attack is a type of network attack performed from multiple computer devices at once. The main purpose of a DDoS attack is to cause a denial of service, a situation where the site will not be able to process requests from its users.
The threat level of a DDoS attack depends on several factors:
1) funds involved: how many resources are involved in the “attack” on the site;
2) the degree of professionalism of the hackers, their knowledge of the best methods of disabling the server.
The most serious attacks on servers can lead to the theft of personal data of users of the resource which has suffered a hacker attack. Other possible consequences include: decreased performance of the website; incorrect operation; or it becomes inaccessible to the network visitors altogether.
DDoS attacks can also target different applications, services and companies.
How to launch a DDoS attack?
A DDoS attack consists of several stages:
1) First, data about the server is collected and its vulnerabilities are discovered;
2) Establishing control over individual computers, which will then be used by the hacker in a DDoS attack. The hacker actually obtains administrator rights and takes full control over the “seized” machine;
3) Malicious code is deployed to the infected machines; a number of malicious requests are generated from those devices;
4) Analysis of the results. In the case of an unsuccessful attack, a detailed study of the reasons that prevented a successful DDoS attack is carried out.
DDoS cloudflare protected server
One of the best ways to protect against DDoS attacks is the Cloudflare service. It is an international network of servers to which you can connect for free. If you connect your site to them, it will load much faster, can better repel DDoS attacks. There are also paid versions of Cloudflare, which provide increased protection against hacking.
Cloudflare actively uses the CDN method in its work. It consists in significantly reducing the distance between the server and the site visitors. For this purpose, a network of servers around the world is created, designed to reduce the download time of the resource. But the basic principle of Cloudflare is different – it serves as a kind of filter through which all incoming traffic passes. As a result, malicious requests are blocked, while normal requests get to the site.
Our service provides Cloudflare bypass, which allows you to bypass any protection methods.
Programs for DDoS
Any DDoS attack is based on the use of various methods and means, including programs. There are various applications that help hackers send malicious requests to resources: LOIC, Fg Power Ddoser, Dnet Ddoser, Hypo Crite, Host Booter, etc. There are also special scripts which facilitate malicious code proliferation: PHPDos, TWBooter, War Bot, Infinity Bot.