A DDoS attack stands for Denial of Service. This is a situation in which as many requests are sent to the site as it is unable to process. As a result, it starts to slow down, crash, heavily load the user’s computer RAM, processor.
DDoS hackers use special programs that hide their presence on the network. An extensive network is created from virus-infected devices that belong to ordinary users who have been attacked by a hacker. Common methods used to anonymize hackers include using a VPN, encryption, setting complex passwords, and so on. This is clearly seen in the next paragraph, in which we will talk about how hackers are uncovered.
Why are hackers exposed?
The main reason why hackers are exposed is the use of unreliable, insecure resources. In this case, there is a high risk of disclosure, even the use of additional encryption methods may not help. But it all depends on the specific application. The most striking example: the disclosure of the hacker Pavel Vrublevsky, who used an unsecured ICQ to communicate.
In general, we can distinguish the following reasons for the disclosure of hackers:
- Deanonymization – disclosure of identity in the network. Simply put, hackers use applications that allow them to identify themselves, and in some cases, to collect an evidence base of attacks;
- Laziness, distraction, self-confidence. They cause disclosure much more often than regular bugs in the code;
- Recruitment. Hackers tend to communicate with colleagues, exchange information. But in this case, there is always a risk that a recruited attacker is sitting on the other side of the screen, who will leak all the information to those for whom he works;
- Use of weak passwords. There are special programs that allow you to quickly check about a million of the most common passwords, consisting of numbers, letters, dates of birth, the name of a loved one, etc. etc. Even the nickname of a beloved animal, distorted, supplemented with numbers, can be easily deciphered. Therefore, hackers use complex, complex passwords that are not easy to decipher and are not related to any subject in their lives;
- Violation of the law at the place of residence of the hacker. This is always fraught with persecution. If a person attacks a government website, this threatens him with criminal prosecution. But if a hacker organizes a DDoS attack on an enemy resource that is hostile to the country, they will surely forgive him everything;
- Negligent attitude to VPN. A trusted VPN will help hide the traces of your presence on the network, it will be more difficult to track a person’s traffic with it. But it is better to use your own VPN – this is the most reliable method of protection.
Website stress testing services
There are various services for conducting stress tests of sites, identifying gaps in their security system. Thanks to their use, it is possible to detect vulnerabilities in the program code of web resources, which theoretically can be exploited by hackers.
The principle of operation of our service for conducting stress tests is very simple. He sends a huge number of requests to the site. A vulnerable resource is not able to process them, which means that it will certainly begin to generate errors during operation. But if the site survives the stress test, then we can say with confidence that it has a high degree of protection.
Website testing is one of the main reasons why users choose our product. But not the only one. Our application allows you to remain anonymous without the use of additional security measures, we do not keep logs. Therefore, it can be used to carry out anonymous DDoS attacks, for example, to disrupt the operation of an illegal or fraudulent resource, etc. At the same time, the confidentiality of information is respected, the absence of visible traces in the network is guaranteed.